Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hernandez on a high

 
Javier Hernandez says he is ready to fire United to glory whether starting or coming off the bench in the closing stages of games.

Some had lazily pigeon-holed the Mexican striker as an impact substitute, the new Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, whose electric pace exposes tiring defenders with the clock ticking down. But goal-machine Chicharito clearly has so much more to his game.
He has started United's last two home matches in the Champions League and repaid the manager's faith with three goals against Marseille and Chelsea. This after also being selected in the XI for the win at Stamford Bridge and forming a blossoming partnership with Wayne Rooney.
Hernandez appreciates he will still be left out of certain matches as Sir Alex Ferguson rotates his squad with the Premier League's top scorer Dimitar Berbatov and Michael Owen itching for more chances themselves.
"Like I always say, I need to be ready," vowed The Little Pea. "If I am to play one minute or 90 minutes.
"All my team-mates and I are very happy about that. I have only words of thanks to all of them and all the staff - to the boss and all of my team-mates. Of course, I'm very happy and I'm enjoying it a lot. The most important thing here is always that Manchester United win, and it doesn't matter who scores the goals," he told MUTV.

No comments:

Post a Comment