Monday, April 11, 2011

O'Shea relishing huge week


John O'Shea says facing big challenges like those United will tackle this week against Chelsea and Manchester City is part and parcel of life as a Red.

After edging a step closer to the title with a 2-0 win over Fulham on Saturday, Sir Alex's men will now get ready for a Champions League quarter-final tie against Chelsea on Tuesday and a trip to Wembley next weekend to face their local neighbours in the FA Cup semi-finals.
"It's a special week, but that's what being part of a Manchester United team is all about," O'Shea told MUTV. "If we beat Chelsea we go through to a European semi-final, then we have City at Wembley. They're dream games and we want to come out on top."
O'Shea made a surprise return to action against Fulham after a hamstring injury, picked up against Marseille last month, had looked likely to keep him out for longer.
"I'm a week or two ahead of schedule," he revealed. "I worked really hard with the physios and they've been able to get me back a little quicker. I was a little bit cautious as I didn't want to go hell for leather so soon after coming back. It was a great game for me as I was able to get my confidence back and hopefully I'm an option for the games ahead."

No comments:

Post a Comment