Saturday, April 16, 2011

Things couldn't be better

"City will always be our rivals because they're our local rivals. No doubt about that. It's a derby game and, in this city, it's always been a derby game - that's never changed. Everybody wants to win the derby game."
- Sir Alex Ferguson

Sir Alex Ferguson is in a relaxed mood ahead of the FA Cup semi-final with City, putting total faith in his players.

The boss has a real selection headache as he ponders his line-up for the Wembley encounter but feels blessed to have so many top-class talents jostling for places.
However, he is not stressing about the fact that any bid for trophies at this stage of the season is always on a knife-edge.
"You can worry about a lot of things," said the boss. "I worry about my team I'm going to pick. I hope I pick the right team.
"I've got a group of players who are confident going into games. Their attitude is great and I couldn't ask for a better situation than I've got at the moment.
"The players are on form, the squad has got stronger with players back now and the bench reflected that on Tuesday night.
"I would say I'm lucky I've got the bunch of players I've got. It doesn't matter which game I'm going in to, I would believe in these players.
"The momentum is fantastic at this time of the season - to have it now is very good."
City will be highly motivated for the latest instalment of the Manchester derby as they seek to end their painful 35-year trophy drought. Yet Sir Alex refuses to accept that City's increased financial clout makes the fixture any more intense.
"City will always be our rivals because they're our local rivals," he stated. "No doubt about that.
"It's a derby game and, in this city, it's always been a derby game - that's never changed.
"Everybody wants to win the derby game."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment