Saturday, April 16, 2011

Park's Wembley wish

Wembley wow-factor

"The atmosphere will be fantastic and it's always enjoyable to play in that kind of stadium. It's a big game and I'm looking forward to playing in it."
- Ji-sung Park

Big-game player Ji-sung Park is desperate to grace Wembley at the weekend and help United prolong City's 35-year wait for a trophy.

The all-Manchester affair will be the subject of the world's glare on Saturday as the Reds look to set up a final contest with Bolton or Stoke.
Park's cool finish quashed any prospect of a Chelsea comeback in the Champions League on Tuesday and he's keen to play his first match in this season's FA Cup after being away on international duty and subsequently picking up an injury.
"No, I didn't play in the FA Cup," said the South Korean star. "Hopefully, I will play in the big game.
"I haven't won the FA Cup - it's the only one title [I haven't won] since I joined Manchester United so hopefully this season I can win the FA Cup. It's got great history throughout the world and hopefully I want to enjoy that competition more."

Wembley is an historic venue for all overseas players and Park is certainly

no different.
"The stadium is great," he told MUTV. "There are more fans than at Old Trafford and any other stadium in England.

"The atmosphere will be fantastic and it's always enjoyable to play in that kind of stadium. It's a big game and I'm looking forward to playing in it."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment