Thursday, June 2, 2011

Berbatov: I'm staying at United

"...I'm stay"

DIMITAR BERBATOV has rubbished talk he will quit Manchester United in the summer.

The Bulgarian had been tipped to leave Old Trafford after boss Alex Ferguson left him out of his Champions League final squad for the defeat against Barcelona.
But he is determined to prove he has a future with the Red Devils and has vowed to fire them to their 20th league championship.
The Premier League's joint Golden Boot winner, 30, said: "I will stay. I will fight for the 20th title.
"If I were an easy quitter, I would never have made it this far. Everything at Manchester United starts from scratch for me on July 4."
Berbatov scored 21 goals as United won the Premier League with a nine-point margin over second-placed Chelsea.
However, he found his first team chances limited towards the end of the campaign following the emergence of Mexican sensation Javier Hernandez.
And it was Hernandez who partnered Wayne Rooney up front in the 3-1 Champions League final loss to Barca last weekend.
But Berbatov reckons there will be plenty of opportunities for him to prove his worth to United in the future.
He added: "I want to apologise to everyone for not taking part in the final.
"I hoped to make the whole of Bulgaria happy with my play. This did not happen and I can only say I am sorry for myself and for the Bulgarians, who expected to see me.
"But there will be new finals and we will be fighting for new titles. I am moving ahead. When you go through difficult times, you should not quit.
"The truth is that I stayed at the dressing room and watched the Champions League final there, on a TV screen.
"I was really disappointed. I was ashamed that I was not part of the team and did not want people to see how sad I feel."

No comments:

Post a Comment