Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fans welcome Jones move

FAN NEWS & BLOGS

Phil Jones in action for England Under-21s

The new Hargreaves?

Rebelraider
I think Jones will end up in the DCM [defensive central midfield] role for a while. Don't get me wrong, he'll be a cracking centre half, but he does tend to get high up the park. He can play both roles quite well and considering Fletch was out most of the season, we really were missing bite in the midfield. Carrick is a cracking player and from a defensive view, he reads the game well. What he is lacking is physical intensity and I think this is one way in which Jones won't be lacking.

Fans on Talking Reds messageboard are having their say on United's deal to sign Phil Jones from Blackburn…

mazhar08
I have watched Jones several times this season and last, and I have to say, he is similar to Terry in his style of defending. His reading of the game is very good for his age, like Smalling, and he is strong, tall, and a significant presence in the air. His tackling is also very good.


RedYankee
Young, talented, versatile, good strength, decent speed, what is not to like?


hughie77
I am glad SAF has gone in for this guy... He’s the best young centre-back in the world for me.  He was excellent alongside Smalling in the under 21s against Spain. Smalling and Jones will both learn the art of defending from Rio and Vida... and they will take over the baton when SAF is ready...


MancRobA
From all the players we are linked with, this is the one signing I was looking forward to the most. Brilliant talent, has the right attitude, already has a very good understanding with Smalling and future captain for both club and country.


kjc20
He looks to be a very strong character and I think he'll fit in very well.


mazhar08
This is a wonderful signing by Sir Alex. From the first moment I saw him, I knew that he would be a world class defender, and being at

Manchester United will help him develop. Chris Smalling and Phil Jones with Jonny Evans playing the O'Shea role (can play at centre back and left back)...not bad at all...

UnitedRG
Should be a great player, awesome potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment