Monday, June 13, 2011

Tomasz Kuszczak threatens to quit

Manchester United keeper Tomasz Kuszczak threatens to quit the club if he is not first choice next season

Polish international reveals he will leave the club if he is back-up next year and also blames national coach Frantisek Smuda for fall-out which has forced him out of Poland team

UEFA Champions League,Tomasz Kuszczak,Manchester United(Getty Images)
Manchester United goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak has revealed he will be forced to leave the club if he is not first choice next season.
Kuszczak has been second choice behind Edwin Van der Sar for the past four seasons at Old Trafford but with the retirement of the Dutchman he is now the most senior keeper in United's squad.
However, United have been linked with a move for Atletico Madrid stopper David de Gea which again would leave the Polish International as the club’s back-up.
Kuszczak told France Football: “For me it is very clear either I play in goal for Manchester United, or I leave the club.”
The 29-year-old also revealed that Ferguson has not spoken to him about extending his current United contract which he admitted has left him exasperated.
“No, he’s not said anything [about a new contract]. He tells me nothing. I don’t know what to think. I have some ideas; we’ll see.
“I think I will stay in England. I’ve been there for seven years. My qualities are known there.”
The former West Brom player also stated his frustration about not being a part of the Polish national side which he puts down to an argument with coach Frantisek Smuda.
He added: “It's complicated to explain ... I am no longer part of the selection this time. It’s just because of a disagreement with coach Frantisek Smuda. Me, I want to play and I’ve told him and he’s not called me.”
However he admitted he intends to go to the game to catch up with his United team-mate Patrice Evra and also believes France are a better team than Poland but his countrymen may stand a chance if the French field a weakened team.
“Yes, of course. I will see my team-mate Patrice Evra. We are great friends.
“It’s hard to say. France are a stronger team than Poland, but they might play a B or a C team.”

No comments:

Post a Comment