Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Class of 92 to reunite for Gary

Some of the stars of United's fabled 'Class of 92' are to be reunited at Old Trafford on Tuesday 24 May, when the Reds take on Juventus in Gary Neville's testimonial match.

Nicky Butt, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs will take part in what promises to be a special occasion in the build-up to the Champions League final against Barcelona at Wembley.
David Beckham has been invited to jet over from the United States but his participation has still to be confirmed.
Former midfield dynamo Butt is looking forward to turning out in front of the United faithful again. He enthused: "When Gary asked me to play in his game I immediately said yes, especially when I heard that the other 'Class of 92' players were going to be there too.
"It was a special time for all of us growing up and it is only now as you look back that you actually see what an amazing story it is. I am sure the fans will give him and the rest of us a great reception, as they mean the world to him."
Gary said: "I couldn't ask for more than to have all my friends back for one last time. If possible, it will make the night even more special for me and I hope the fans will enjoy seeing them back too.
"They were special times for us - we were young lads fulfilling our wildest dreams and hopefully we will get to experience that again against Juventus."
Gary's brother Phil will also pull on the red shirt again, six years after leaving the club where he grew up to join Everton.
The younger Neville said: "I am so excited to be going back to Old Trafford to celebrate what will be an amazing night for my brother. I am looking forward to playing with my brother and my friends one more time.
"It will be an emotional night for all the family but what a fitting way for Gary to bow out of a fantastic career."

No comments:

Post a Comment