Saturday, May 28, 2011

Park's home comforts

"If I play and we win the game, it will be fantastic for me. It is my dream. I have to play 100 percent for my dreams to come true. Missing out on one final and losing another makes me more eager to play and win this game."
- Ji-sung Park

Ji-sung Park is hoping the home factor will come into play when United take on Barcelona on English soil this Saturday.
Sir Alex's champions have been unbeatable at Old Trafford all season and obviously the Champions League final at Wembley will feel like a home game against Spanish opposition.
After United lifted the trophy for the first time in 1968 at the famous old stadium, the South Korean feels that fate could be on the Reds' side in 2011, even though Barca also won their first European Cup under the old Twin Towers.
"It is in England so Barcelona are the away team," asserted Park. "We have played many times at Wembley so that makes us feel at home and hopefully we can continue our good home record.
"If I play and we win the game, it will be fantastic for me. It is my dream. I have to play 100 percent for my dreams to come true. Missing out on one final and losing another makes me more eager to play and win this game."
Park believes United are in better shape than when Barcelona ran out 2-0 victors in Rome a couple of years ago.
"They have changed a couple of players from 2009 but their style has not changed," he added. "For us, we have changed as well. I don't know what way we will play but we have to show a difference from 2009.
"If we play as a team, like we showed against Chelsea or in other big games, we can match up against them.
"Other players have had a chance to show their abilities and qualities and every player has improved over the season. [Javier] Hernandez, Anderson and Nani have had great seasons and it is all about our squad being stronger and that will help us out in the final.
"I don't know which role I will have but I have to do it 100 percent and play only for winning the game.
"It is great when I hear the words: 'You are playing today'. Everyone wants to play for a big club in big games. When I was young, I couldn't believe [it would happen] but it has come true and now I just have to do what the boss wants me to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment