Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Video: Neville thanks the fans

"I’d like to thank everyone for coming tonight. To the fans, who’ve played a huge part in my career - I feel like I’m one of you, I’ve just fulfilled my dream playing for this club for so long.
"I'd like to thank the players I've played with for 20 years - it's been an absolute privilege to have played with them. I'd like to thank my family who are so special to me, and the testimonial committee for all their hard work.
"I'd also like to thank the manager and the coaches. Without them I would not have achieved what I've achieved at this football club."
 - Gary Neville



Gary Neville put his fellow United fans at the top of his long thank-you list after more than 42,000 turned out to watch his testimonial match against Juventus.
After addressing the crowd at Old Trafford, the former Reds captain spoke to MUTV and said: "I'm really delighted with the fans. I hope they had a good night. They never let you down, they always turn up."
Neville was the last of many players to be substituted, coming off with eight minutes left in the Reds' 2-1 defeat. He was delighted to have come through it, and not too disappointed not to have joined Wayne Rooney on the scoresheet.
"{I was close] at one point and I thought Nicky Butt might play me in, but not scoring is synonymous with my career really. If I had scored tonight, it would have been wrong!"


No comments:

Post a Comment