Thursday, May 26, 2011

Evra: Let's banish Rome memories

Patrice Evra insists he is determined to ensure the Reds will not look back on Saturday's Champions League final with the same 'regret and frustration' that was felt after the 2009 showpiece.

The 2-0 defeat to Barcelona in Rome remains a painful memory for Evra and co., but the Frenchman insists lessons have been learnt and Sir Alex's men are determined to put things right against the Spaniards at Wembley this weekend.
"I’m looking forward to the game, but I don’t want to look back on it with regret and frustration again," he told ManUtd.com.
"I want to make sure we show all the fans and ourselves as well that we are Manchester United.
"I respect Barcelona a lot and what they did in Rome when they beat us 2-0. But on my holiday all I kept thinking was why didn’t we play like Manchester United. Why didn’t we show our best?
"At the beginning of the game we dominated the first ten minutes, but when we conceded the first goal that was it.
"2009 was a big, big frustration and I don’t want to experience a feeling like that again."

No comments:

Post a Comment